James 'Con' Nipp arrested for another high-speed chase

LOVE COUNTY - James “Con” Nipp is back behind bars today after leading the Oklahoma Highway Patrol on yet another high speed chase, this time in Love County.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop F Commander Ronnie Hampton said at about 10:45 last night, a deputy saw a blue pickup fail to stop at a stop sign on Oswalt Road and attempted to pull the vehicle over. The driver, later identified as Nipp, sped up instead, leading the trooper into a chase that reached speeds of up to 90 mph.
“The Trooper notified OHP that he was in the chase and another trooper in the area offered his assistance,” Hampton said.
Nipp came to the intersection of Oswalt and Eastman Roads, turned into a private residence’s yard and performed a u-turn, turning back to the west on Oswalt.
“Recognizing that this was becoming a dangerous situation, the trooper attempted to perform a tactical vehicle intervention,” Hampton said.
The TVI is designed to turn the vehicle around and stop it at the front of the trooper’s vehicle.
“When the trooper attempted the TVI, the driver swerved abruptly, attempting to hit the vehicle, which is a crime,” Hampton said.
The second trooper engaged in the chase near Longhollow and Oswalt Roads when the driver turned south on Longhollow. When the road changed from blacktop to gravel, Hampton said the second trooper lost control of his cruiser and crashed into a tree. The trooper is fine, but the vehicle was totaled.  
Nipp then led the chase through a fence and into pasture land before returning to Longhollow Road.
The first trooper eventually executed a successful TVI, putting the pickup in the ditch in front of his cruiser. It was at this point that Nipp was positively identified.
“But due to his vehicle size, he was able to push the cruiser back and get out of the ditch,” Hampton said.
Approximately ten minutes later, Nipp’s pickup was located south of the Nipp household with the key in the ignition and the driver’s side door still open. Troopers entered the home and arrested Nipp without incident.
“There was no sign of intoxication, he was very cooperative,” Hampton said.
Love County Sheriff’s Department and Chickasaw Lighthorse assisted during the chase.
Nipp was a wanted man two weeks ago when authorities put out a warrant for his arrest in connection to the disappearance of Molly Miller and Colt Haynes. Nipp was driving the car that Miller and Haynes were last seen in during a high-speed chase in July of last year. He was out on bond regarding those charges.
Nipp stood before a judge late Tuesday afternoon and was charged with one count of assault with a dangerous weapon (vehicle) and one count of endangering others while attempting to flee law enforcement.
He has received a $25,000 bond on each charge.
Nipp was still in the Love County Jail as of 4 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.

(As more details unfold, this story will be updated)