Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are the undisputed King and Queen of country music, dominating the CMA Awards on Thursday (November 1st) night -- with Blake sealing the title after being named Entertainer of the Year.
The couple started off their bountiful evening with an emotional acceptance for Song of the Year, which they won for "Over You," a tribute to Blake's late brother. They were respectively named Male and Female Vocalist of the Year -- with Blake edging out the likes of Taylor Swift for the entertainer award.
Little Big Town had a big night as well, taking home awards for Single of the Year ("Pontoon") and Vocal Group of the Year. Hunter Hayes was named New Artist of the Year, while Eric Church collected the trophy for Album of the Year for Chief.
Elsewhere, Willie Nelson won the inaugural Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award and was feted with a musical tribute by Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosted the three-hour show, with a variety of outfits, musical numbers and barbs -- most notably directed at Taylor Swift for her tumultuous love life.
Carrie and Brad kicked off the show with a song decidedly un-country, dancing to the pop culture hit, "Gangnam Style."
The hosts also poked fun at Taylor Swift's recent breakup -- wondering if she and Connor Kennedy will ever get back together.
Motor boating was a popular theme. After explaining what the term meant, Brad commented that it's a good thing Dolly Parton wasn't present.
Brad played the Andy Griffith Show theme song on the guitar as a tribute to the late actor.
Before starting his actual performance, Brad sang a bit of "Empire State of Mind" as a tribute to those dealing with the aftereffects of Sandy.
The girls from the ABC hits series Nashville were on hand to present!
- Musician of the Year: Mac McAnally
- Musical Event of the Year: Kenny Chesney's duet with Tim McGraw, "Feel Like A Rock Star"
- Music Video of the Year: Toby Keith and director Michael Salomon, "Red Solo Cup"
- Single of the Year: Little Big Town, Pontoon
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Thompson Square
- Song of the Year: Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, "Over You"
- Album of the Year: Eric Church, Chief
- New Artist of the Year: Hunter Hayes
- Vocal Group of the Year: Little Big Town
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Blake Shelton
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award: Willie Nelson
- Entertainer of the Year: Blake Shelton